Monday, October 3, 2011

A Reading Gallivanter Girl...

My life started as usual. Woke up early in the morning, no breakfast, long day ahead.
But I was happy mainly because of two things. Firstly, I got the new book of my favorite author (Aleph- Paulo Coelho). I couldn't wait to finish it before my friend does. And secondly I'll be travelling again.
As usual, I was waiting at the bus stop for my bus to arrive with Aleph in one hand. The bus arrived and I got into it. It was almost empty. I occupied a window seat and started reading the book. 
I was so lost in the book that I didn't realize when the seat next to me got occupied.
It was a sweet voice that interrupted me. There was this sweet beautiful girl sitting next to me.

"Can I see the book?” she asked.
"Sure".

She read the introduction of the book.
"What does Aleph mean?” she questioned.

I took me some time to recollect what Aleph means. Then I explained it to her.
There was a strange smile on her face. Then I realized she very well knew its meaning and was simply testing me.

"Are you a Paulo Coelho follower?” I asked.
"No", she replied.

I was wrong; she didn't know what Aleph means.

"Can you suggest me some books which I should read?” She looked very curious.
"What kind of books do you like?"

She seemed puzzled to my straight question. Then she is told me, she was not much into reading. She got into reading recently.

"I need some books which can enlighten me spiritually. I hate to read something which is full of philosophy. I recently bought two books and they were full heavy dialogues. I want something simple, like a story book."
Only book that came to my mind that instant was 'The Alchemist'.
"Have you heard about a book called The Alchemist?”
"No", she replied.
"You must read this book. It’s in a form of story and you learn a lot from it."

I told her about few others books.
I had a prolonged conversation with her. We talked about a lot of things.
Finally, it was time for her to get down.

"I 'all definitely try to read the book you mentioned. Bye...”
Bye...

We talked a lot but at the end were complete strangers. I don't know her name and she don't know mine.
It’s good to know strangers sometimes....

No comments:

Post a Comment